Top Recent View

Blognakal

Mayra Veronica - Credit: MayraVeronica.com

Q-5:Can you tell us about your upcoming English album? What type of music is it?

The album is pop with some urban flavor. I wrote a few of the songs; inspiration was drawn from my life, as is all writing -- the ups, the downs, the in-betweens, the image, the sex, the expectations, the vulnerability, and the strength.

Q-6:Are you single? What types of traits do you look for in a man?

I am single. I look for a man that can make me laugh. I like comedians [because] when all is said and done, I just want to smile. They must be old-school and let me lead, which is quite a contradiction, so they must also understand my complexities. Oh, and I don't date most ball players just because they're… well, players. But I am open to the non-playing players.

Credit: Mayra Veronica.com Mayra Veronica has appeared in more than 30 magazines.

Q-7:You've received a lot of accolades for your beauty and sexiness -- what do you think of men's magazines that rate women on their desirability and looks?

I am all for it -- for the magazines, the ratings, for those who celebrate God's physical creations. What I am tired of is those who think that a woman being rated on her looks is somehow less of a person. This narrowness of thought at times amazes me. [I can’t believe] that some of us could be living in such an advanced physical world, yet maintain such limiting schools of thought. The fact that I am rated on physical aspects does not deny my internal aspects, which to the amazement of many can coexist!

There is an overabundance of creative energy in this universe, and we are all instruments in making it physical; these aspects are out there for us to make our own [decisions], so it ultimately doesn't matter what container it’s in -- if it’s a finely shaped one, then God bless it. It would be an insult to his creation to deny the container. Just create and expand.

Q-8:Is there anything in your job that is off-limits?

I don't like limits; if something doesn't feel right then I don't go with it. Other than that, I'm unconventional and look outside the box, and that requires a non-limiting attitude. So, is anything off-limits? I’d have to feel it out.

Q-9:You have a psychology degree -- do you think you'd ever want to change careers and work professionally as a psychologist?

I feel I couldn't have picked a better field in which to exercise my degree. In entertainment, everyone should be armed with one of these. I think it helps the fact that being creative also makes you quite sensitive to stimuli, and understanding this helps. Would I work as a psychologist? Maybe in another life. In this one, I am quite happy with entertaining. I don't like encouraging negativity, and I think people consistently talking about their problems brings forth more problems, so I’d be a bad shrink. I’d just tell patients, "Listen, shut up, stop attracting bad things to yourself and talk about something positive.”

Q-10:You've acted in some Spanish language TV shows… would you want to try acting in America?

I began with a TV movie for PBS that I thoroughly enjoyed making, and then I did a couple of independents. I would enjoy both acting in Spanish and English. Real acting is such a great opportunity for your spirit.

Q-11:What's your idea of the ultimate date?

A night at the Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo. I’ve been there and it was like heaven -- the view, the ambiance, the romance. But it would have to be with the right person, of course.

Q-12:In the 2007 video Game Def Jam: Icon your body and voice was used -- any talk of future video game work? Do you play any video games?

At times I play the Wii; it’s a fun group game, a cool family game where everyone can partake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Hot Recent View

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online